"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Friday, May 11, 2012

Yesterday I came home to find mail waiting for me from Mercy Heartprints. This is an amazing department at Mercy hospital. The woman who runs this department is wonderful and has become a friend I'll always cherish. I wouldn't want to imagine what our days leading up to Evan's birth and our days after would have been like without her. I'm so glad we never had to experience that.
Inside the envelope from Mercy Heartprints was a little note, a card with a poem and another special surprise.

Here is the poem . . .
Mom
A few little letters arranged just so . . .
A word that means much more than
you will ever know.

In hopes you feel a special joy,
if only for awhile . . .
and perhaps for a moment,
you will find a way to smile.

This title is now indelible
upon your immortal soul . . .
in hopes you forever feel
special in this role.

Even though our time was short
from the moment of my birth,
you are honored in heaven and you are honored on earth.

Separated by a little time,
our love grows strong,
and when we look back,
it won't seem very long.

When someday we are joined
where we are meant to be
you will truly see, MOM,
you are still everything to me.

And this special surprise . . .

My first mother's ring :-)
Needless to say the great day I was already having went through the roof!!

Last night while laying in bed with my baby girl I heard a toy start talking. It is a toy that is in a plastic box in the top of her closet that we haven't played with in a week or so. As I sat there listening wondering what in the heck was going on with this toy I heard . . . "come explore with me. can you find the color yellow. the word starts with "eh." that's right! you found the yellow egg. goodbye."

WHAT!?!?!

The color yellow like the yellow butterflies I see fluttering around when I think of my sweet baby boy. The "eh" sound that starts with my sweet boy's name, Evan. I could go on and on and you don't even want to get me started on why/how the toy could even possibly be talking in the first place but you know what . . . I'LL TAKE IT!!! :-) It was awesome!!

My husband and I have met some incredible neighbors. We are lucky to have an awesome couple living directly behind us. They have a beautiful baby girl who is three months and a chocolate lab. We have always chit chatted with them since we moved in but once we got our puppy (which I think was thanks to our sweet little guardian angel) it just seemed to open the door to a whole new friendship, which we are so very grateful for.  Next thing we knew we met another couple who live just a few doors down from us. They are incredible too. We learned that their sweet girl was born still last July just two months before Evan passed. They have been so easy to talk to and will doubt become good friends. I think our sweet angels will make sure of it. :-)

So I guess what I'm really saying is, Evan is everywhere . . . working sweet blessings into, through and all around us. :-) This really is just a few of the amazing ways he continues to touch our lives making his mommy feel so incredibly blessed each new day.

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's some pretty amazing stuff... so glad you had a good Mother's day. Thinking of you & Evan. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete