"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Momma Ilene

Today is a very special day. Today is my mom-in-law, Ilene's, birthday. Ilene passed away one year before I got to marry her amazing son. I was lucky to be a part of Ilene's beautiful family for many years before she passed away. My relationship with Ilene was, is and always will be one of the most touching relationships I have ever known. I love her and miss her every day.

I know with all my heart that Ilene is holding my sweet baby boy in heaven. I know that she is loving him, giving him all the affection I could only dream of and telling him all about the people here on earth who love and adore him. This brings me peace.

Last night I was looking through some old family photos and videos hoping to find a video of Ilene to share with my daughter today. I'm still on the hunt. However, I did come across several pictures and a file on my computer with a poem that was shared at Ilene's memorial and several songs labeled Ilene's favorites.

In honor of my beautiful mom-in-law's birthday I wanted to share this song (one of her favorites) 


I handed my sweet baby boy to my husband one last time on September 1, 2011 knowing he would never hand him back to me. This was the most difficult thing I have ever done. Finding this song last night (the first time I've listened to it) was a gift. I feel peace imagining the singing and dancing his grammy was doing to this beautiful song as she held him in her arms in heaven that day.

This poem was shared at Ilene's memorial . . .
DON'T GRIEVE FOR ME, FOR NOW I'M FREE,
WALKING THE PATH GOD LAID FOR ME.
I TOOK HIS HAND WHEN I HEARD HIM CALL,
I TURNED MY BACK AND LEFT IT ALL.


I COULD NOT STAY ANOTHER DAY,
TO LAUGH, TO LOVE, TO WORK OR PLAY.
TASKS LEFT UNDONE MUST STAY THAT WAY,
I FOUND HIS PEACE AT THE CLOSE OF DAY.


IF MY PARTING HAS LEFT A VOID,
THEN FILL IT WITH REMEMBERED JOYS.
A FRIENDSHIP SHARED, A LAUGH, A KISS,
OH, YES, THESE THINGS I TOO WILL MISS.


BE NOT BURDENED WITH TIME OF SORROW,
I WISH YOU JOY FOR YOUR TOMORROW,
MY LIFE'S BEEN FULL, I SAVORED MUCH,
GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD TIMES, A LOVED ONES TOUCH.


PERHAPS MY TIME SEEMED ALL TO BRIEF,
DON'T LENGTHEN IT WITH UNDUE GRIEF;
LIFT UP YOUR HEARTS, AND PEACE TO THEE,
GOD WANTS ME NOW, HE SET ME FREE.


Happy Birthday Momma Ilene!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment