"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Sunday, July 17, 2011

I woke up this morning to a very active little boy. I can't tell you how wonderful that is. Yesterday both of my children decided they would give me a little trouble. :-) My son was extremely active at 4:44am yesterday morning but after waking up at 7am I realized that I hadn't felt him since. My daughter woke up at 8am and after a few snuggles immediately decided to give me a dose of my own medicine by acting just like me . . . over analyzing and questioning everything I said or did. Little stinker! Then 9am . . . still nothing from my little man . . . more "yes it is" and "no it's not" and "that's not right" from my daughter . . . 10am . . . followed by lots of OJ and questioning was that a kick? By the time 11am rolled around my little Evan decided to wake up . . . FINALLY! I expressed lots of excitement and my daughter and I breathed a sigh of relief (me because of Evan's activity and her because mommy wasn't so intense any more :-).

I shared the fun (lots of sarcasm here) Saturday morning events I was experiencing with my children when I talked to my mom. I really liked her explanation for it. She said, "Evan just slept in and then decided to chill awhile since mommy was busy with big sis." Followed by reminding me to take a deep breath. :-)

Those calming and relaxing deep breaths and other self-care activities have been so important. My husband and I are so very lucky to have an amazing, extremely comical, bright spirited, energetic, loving, and fun filled little girl to help us enjoy every moment with her and Evan. I must say how much I appreciate the magic my little four year old has and her ability to bring sunshine and laughter to every single day.

The remainder of the day yesterday included a ton of help from my mom who worked outside in the heat making our yard and my car beautiful, watching my daughter have a blast with her Nana and a water hose, having an opportunity to get much needed cleaning done, talking to my big sis about some very special things she has done for Rory, our daughter and I in honor of Evan, and feeling my boy kicking, rolling, and tumbling up a storm. My husband made it home from work just in time to eat a warmed up dinner and get hugs and kisses before watching my daughter, son and I fall asleep on the couch together. All in all . . . it was a good day.

On Friday my husband and I attended an appointment with my regular obstetrician. I like my doctor so much and I am so thankful she wants to deliver my boy and do (has done) whatever she can to help us. It was a good appointment for both my husband and I. We will be meeting with her again in two weeks to discuss plans and a date for inducing labor . . . to identify the date our sweet baby boy will be born and we will hold him in our arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment