Today marks 8 weeks since my sweet boy was born into our arms and then into God's. In so many ways it feels like he was in my arms just yesterday and yet in so many other ways it feels like all too long ago.
There are just four short weeks before Evan would turn 12 weeks old and we celebrate Thanksgiving. Therefore, I wanted to share my plans for honoring our sweet boy on our first Thanksgiving without him in our arms.
Let's talk about what is really exciting about Thanksgiving as we all gather to celebrate and acknowledge the many things we are thankful for . . . the incredible food. :-) We are so excited every year to enjoy my mom's amazing Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure so many can relate. This year Evan will be remembered and we will acknowledge all the many ways we are thankful for his beautiful life and while he will be with us in our hearts he won't be with us at the table. So, I have decided that it will be imperative for me to acknowledge him and his precious life the best way I know how . . .
Each year my family will make a food donation in Evan's honor to an appropriate organization based on the age that he is each year. For example, this year Evan would be 12 weeks old. Therefore, I have identified that we will make a donation in Evan's honor to the Crisis Nursery (http://www.crisisnurserykids.org/wish_list.htm) and Nurses for Newborns (http://www.nfnf.org/mo_wishlist.php) this Thanksgiving. Please visit the websites to learn more about their amazing work!!
I would like to invite our family and friends and anyone reading this blog to make a donation along with us. In honor of Thanksgiving and Evan's age this year we will be donating cans of infant formula. You may give your donation to me or anyone in my immediate family and we will make a large contribution together. I have added the links to both organizations above for you to explore their wish lists further. We will be donating to these organizations again for Christmas so if you would also like to contribute to that donation in honor of our sweet boy I would be more than happy to begin gathering those donations as well.
If you would like to donate a can of formula to be donated in Evan's honor this Thanksgiving please purchase a can of Enfamil with Lipil (preferred by both organizations). If you are reading this post from another state or country please consider making a donation in honor of Evan in your community and/or in honor of the baby(ies) you remember in your heart.
My daughter donated a $1 tonight for world hunger in her brothers honor . . . because of my sweet boy several babies will have a full tummy this holiday season . . . this equals one very proud mommy. :-)
You are doing such a wonderful job honoring your precious baby boy. <3
ReplyDelete