"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

~ Happy Anniversary to my Amazing Husband ~

My husband and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary together this past weekend surrounded by our amazing family. It was wonderful and we enjoyed our weekend together so very much. We have been loving each other for a little over 15 years and just when you think you really know someone you realize that there is so much more to love about them. I've always known that my husband is an incredible man with the most amazing heart and I've always been so very grateful because of that. I overheard one of my co-workers say recently that it isn't just the happy, great times that families experience that bring them closer and make them stronger as a unit, it's the difficult times, the challenges that families face together (together being the key word - and so important for my husband and I as we travel this journey together) that makes them stronger and brings them closer. Boy is this true. While I would give and do anything to change our son's fatal diagnosis, I know I can't. Therefore, I will be grateful for the gifts that our son and God have and will continue to bless us with. I am so unbelievably grateful for Evan and to Evan for helping his father and I experience love on so many new amazing levels. I am grateful to him for teaching me that there is always room to grow and for giving us an opportunity to continue to grow, deepen and strengthen our love and relationship. I am beyond words grateful for the love my husband and I have for one another, our children, our family and our friends who have chosen to walk this path with us and be there for us in every possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment