"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things are going pretty good. I've settled in a wonderful place of making and creating things for my little man. The lists I have created for things to do and buy and pack and on and on and on are almost comical I must admit. As you may have read below, my mom and I have made a total of two quilts and three receiving blankets for Evan. I was laughing as I pictured us rotating little Evan in and out of blankies on his birthday in order to get his touch and scent on every one. :-) Aunt Kristy will help us with this. She's an amazing organizer. :-) My mom made a beautiful matching blanket for my daughter. She brought them all over sealed nicely but of course we had to get them out and enjoy every one again. My daughter loves them all and understood that we would keep hers covered nicely with Evan's for now.

My Aunt Sheila is visiting us this weekend! My family and I will be going to a craft store (or two) to look for items to make a very special memory box for Evan. My family is crafty so I know we'll come up with something wonderful.

My husband has the entire weekend off and we are planning to soak up all the family fun and relaxation we can this weekend. I am excited to sleep in with him and enjoy those few moments we have when we can lie in bed with his arms around my belly and feel his son moving about. I often giggle because it seems as though in those morning hours that Evan knows right when daddy is there and starts moving around wildly. It's those moments I'll never forget and always remember with my husband and son because they both bring me so much peace and happiness always.

I have the perfect outfit in mind for my son and can't wait to go shopping for it this weekend, hopefully. If not, I keep telling myself to take a deep breath, there is time. Of course while I write that I tell myself how crazy that sounds and that I should probably just go tonight. Deep breath again. It brings me so much joy thinking about shopping for my sweet boy's birthday outfit, booties, etc. Which brings me to the beautiful cap that my sister is knitting for Evan. She sent me pictures and I cannot stop looking at them.

This is my beautiful (in every way) sister, Abbey, knitting Evan's cap!

This is his beautiful cap. Isn't she amazing!! Aunt Jean has made one too and I can't wait to see it also! :)
As far as our health goes . . . I feel really great with the exception of a little cold (no biggie) and these pains that keep popping up as my little man stretches and pushes my tummy to the max. But trust me, I'll take that pain and he can raise it for all I care as long as I keep feeling him kicking, playing and living life inside his mommy. I am feeling comforted knowing that his stronger movements means he is growing well and feeling good. I'm concerned about increased amniotic fluid but I remind myself that they didn't see an increase during our last ultrasound on June 6th. We go back for a very big day of baby Evan appointments, including an ultrasound, on July 11th. Can't wait to see my boy again!! I'm looking forward to getting a good update on everything about him. Praying they will tell us that there is no increase in fluid but also praying for preparation and peace for that day as we have a lot of ground to cover. I'm getting huge and hoping to get a cute pic of myself and Evan this holiday weekend so I can post it on my boy's blog. :-) 

Evan and I wish everyone a very safe and fun filled holiday weekend! God Bless America!!

5 comments:

  1. very sweet hat, he's going to look very handsome in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are able to make so many things for him! You can look online too if you aren't finding the outfit you have in mind. I got Carleigh's online and it was just perfect!

    Hopefully you can avoid poly. I really feel for the moms who get it. I didn't have it but I was on the higher end of normal. It was def more than my 1st daughter. I could tell when they broke my water. I still measured smaller though with her but she was tiny anyway at 3 lbs 15 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not so crafty sis... I'll come up with something though :-) Abbey is quite the talent...that is awesome! My ideas are running wild now.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stacy!! :)

    Praying for no Poly, Holly! My mom found three amazing sites for outfits. I am enjoying looking at each over and over looking for the perfect outfit for our little man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing and have been everything I could dream of needing or wanting, big sis.

    ReplyDelete