I sewed!! My mom taught me how to sew this weekend and I made Evan's baby blankie (with mom's help of course)!! It was so relaxing and enjoyable to be behind the sewing machine making an adorable, soft, cuddly blankie for my boy. We also made two receiving blankets and my mom is working on a matching one for my daughter. We are making two blankets and two receiving blankets for Evan. I am looking forward to always have one of each to cuddle with while the others will be kept in a safe place to preserve Evan's scent as long as possible. I realize that we cannot predict whether Evan will be born stillborn or alive but I do know that I will have time with my son and during this time he will be wrapped (at some point :-) in all four blankies that his Nana and I made him. If Evan's daddy and I deem it appropriate for his big sister to be present after his birth, I am hoping to get a picture of her and her little brother with their matching blankies. If not, she will always know that she and her brother have matching blankies, which for now appears to make her very happy.
![]() |
| My daughter took this picture for me :-) |
![]() |
| And my mom took this one for me :-) |
My grandma Mary (maternal grandma) is not only one of the sweetest, kindest, gentle, loving women I've ever known but she was amazing behind a sewing machine! She and my great aunt had a sewing shop together years ago when I was little and I always used to love being there with them. I would pretend the shop was mine and could play in there all day. Unfortunately, we lost my grandma to cancer years ago. My mom reminded me this morning that today is my grandma's birthday. It seems perfect that my mom taught me how to sew and I used a sewing machine for the first time the weekend of my grandma's birthday. :-)
I'm so glad you got to make the blankets. How special!!! I'm not a good sewer and I have always wanted to learn how. I did manage to make leggies on the machine though!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! Grandma is so proud of you! :-)
ReplyDeletewhat a memorable weekend, on so many levels. The blanket looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to show you his blanket this weekend, Kelly! All of them! :-)
ReplyDelete