"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Thursday, August 18, 2011

The most amazing little girl

I'd like to tell you a story about an amazing little girl, Evan's big sister. I've shared how much she means to my husband and I throughout this blog. I don't think words could ever really describe how incredibly much we love and adore our precious girl. She has also taught me so very much throughout this journey.

Some of my favorite times while carrying Evan have been sitting with my daughter talking about her baby brother, listening to her sing to him so that she can help him fall asleep, watching her face light up as she feels him moving about, laughing with her when he kicks her in the eye or cheek:-), feeling so much love when she randomly gives her baby brother kisses as we sit together or any time of the day/night that she feels the desire to do so.

Yesterday we were making a super quick trip to Walgreens for two things. We had our game plan ready before we walked in as to how we were going to get in and out during a busy time of the day. We were on our way to the register as we passed the photo counter. There were four to five pictures displayed in different sizes under the counter. The largest in the middle was a large poster size picture of a baby boy and next to it was an 8x10 of baby's feet. My daughter was walking next to me throughout the store until I noticed she had lagged behind a little at the point we approached the photo counter. I turned to see what was slowing her momentum and our dash and go plan down. It was at that time that my tears from the morning and afternoon when I was alone welled up once again but luckily stayed at bay in order for me to enjoy another precious moment with the most amazing little girl.

I joined my daughter kneeling in front of these two pictures. She said quietly, "mommy, I think this is what our baby might look like." I then said, "I think his feet might look like this . . . look how cute those toes are!" She giggled looking at the picture I referred to briefly and then focused her attention back to the much larger picture of the baby boy. I then said, "baby, I think maybe our Evan is going to look a little bit different but to us he will be perfect." My precious daughter then says, "I know mommy, Evan is beautiful. We are going to miss him so much but he'll always be my baby."

We knelt there together in silence a while longer before she giggled a little and commented on the baby's funny nose (nostrils flared). I flared my nostrils for her and then she giggled even more and much louder. We hugged and I reminded her how proud I am of her and how very much I love her.

On our way to the register, I thanked God for this beautiful moment with my daughter and for blessing me with two incredible children.

1 comment:

  1. She is an amazing little girl and you should def be proud of her! She's a great big sis already.

    ReplyDelete