We had a busy weekend! Evan got to go on his first rescue mission Friday night to pick up his daddy who broke down about 40 minutes south of where we lived when we brought our daughter home for the first time. This brought about opportunity to share so much with Eavn that I hadn't even thought of talking to him about before. After rushing to pick up Evan's daddy we rushed back to a park close to home to meet our family, including our daughter, for a movie in the park. What fun! Wish I had a good picture to share.
Saturday was another day full of family fun! Evan was very active all day. I'm sure he was as excited about all the fun as I was. :-) My mom picked up my daughter and I early so that we could get our hair cut by a fantastic woman and wonderful friend, Melanie. It's always a good day when we get to visit with her! Afterward we headed to pick up my sister, Abbey, and had lunch then off to the nail salon for pedis/manis. My daughter loves this special treatment at the nail salon and it's so stinkin cute to watch her enjoy every second. Evan and I enjoyed a relaxing pedi and fit in a phone call with four amazing ladies, which included my big sis who just returned home from Italy.
After our relaxing but busy morning we headed for the most important treat of the day . . . ICE CREAM! :-) Evan really enjoyed that and so did we!! Then, we headed to a great outdoor mall (not sure how new it is but it was totally new to me). It was a lot of fun to shop with the girls!
Sunday, I woke up to an awesome sermon by my favorite pastor. In my opinion, one can never be reminded too often of the importance of putting God first! My daughter and I headed back to the store with my mom for some necessities. My husband was busy working all day on Saturday but was able to come home early on Sunday. Yeah! Later that afternoon/evening, our daughter and I joined him for a trip to his favorite tattoo artist's new shop where we got to watch him get a very special piece of art for our sweet Evan. We were the only ones there, which made it a very personal and special event. This appointment was planned in hopes that he would get to have this tattoo completed before our son arrives. It all worked out and we felt very blessed!
With plans for my induction just 9-10 days away I feel very grateful that our weekend was full of family, fun and lots of LOVE and SUPPORT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment