My sweet boy's (potential) birthday has been decided due to the fact that I will be scheduled for an induction at the end of this month. I am still have difficulty talking about the induction date and sharing it with others without becoming tearful. I struggle so very much because I have no idea how to prepare myself for the biggest tragedy of my life, I have no idea how to prepare myself to say goodbye to my sweet boy. However, I also feel incredibly excited thinking about how in just a few weeks I will get to hold my Evan in my arms and kiss him all over. I feel so giddy and actually find myself giggling with excitement at the thought.
I remind myself that lying to my children is never an option. So, when I talk to my son and tell him that my love will follow him wherever he goes, when I tell him that we will always be connected no matter the physical absence between us, when I tell him that he does not have to be scared because he will always be protected and loved I tell him these things because I believe it . . . because I know it to be true. Thus, while I know I will have to say goodbye to my sweet boy much, much too soon I also know that we will always be together and connected in so many beautiful ways that death can not, will not touch.
If my health remains great and Evan remains perfectly safe and does not decide to come early Evan, his daddy and I will be walking in to the hospital on August 31st for my induction. If you are reading this, I ask that you remember my sweet boy on this day (everyday would be great :-) and pray for him. Please pray for the medical professionals who will be caring for him.
I continue to enjoy every second with my little guy. He is so funny like his big sister and daddy. He likes to play and REACTS to my touch and voice. His daddy and I enjoyed a 3D ultrasound together and oh my goodness his little nose, lips, hands, and feet are so precious!! I cannot wait to kiss him all over. We continue to prepare for his birthday by ensuring we have everything we want and need for him.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment