"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My husband (my hero) attended an appointment at the funeral home for us. He had a really great visit with some incredible people who were compassionate and provided the most helpful resources. I was able to talk to someone on the phone before the appointment in order to share my thoughts and feelings and my dear sweet husband handled the rest. I have no idea what I would do without him, our daughter and our amazing family. I am so blessed that I don't have to wonder.

I saw my doctor yesterday and as I suspected we may need to do some re-evaluating as a result of my stink pot's (that would be Evan if you were wondering) position on the most recent ultrasound. :-) Since we learned during the ultrasound on the 8th that he was transverse (sideways) we will get to have another ultrasound next Tuesday!! Always love any chance I get to see my little man on screen. My doctor thinks that he has moved back to a head down position, which will make plans for induction on the 31st go as planned. However, we will confirm this next Tuesday. In the event he hasn't we will be re-evaluating. Most importantly, we will not be rushing this little guy at all! We'll know what is right when the time comes because we have God and my amazing doctor who is guided by God on our side.

Evan's heart beat sounded incredibly beautiful yesterday, as always. It will never cease to amaze me that a baby with anencephaly, our baby, is physically perfect otherwise. He is perfection to us regardless but every time I hear the doctors say, "nothing has changed with his diagnosis but he is perfect otherwise," (or something to that effect) I can't help to think what a blessing he is and hope that every doctor, nurse, stenographer, etc. that crosses our path takes note that our baby, this beautiful boy, is a person with a phenomenal little life. I hope that they remember this for when/if they meet another mom experiencing the same journey. While I don't feel my doctor did or said anything wrong (sharing only what she knew to be true) . . . I do believe in my heart that my doctor and others in her practice may approach this situation somewhat differently after having had the opportunity to experience this journey with my family . . . with our sweet Evan.

Maybe instead of telling parents that the majority of people terminate their pregnancy after learning of this diagnosis and wishing the parent the best as they are left to make a "decision" . . . maybe my doctors will tell them about a mom who didn't . . . more importantly, maybe they will tell them about our sweet precious boy, Evan.

2 comments:

  1. Evan will no doubt touch lives! I hope that he does leave an impression on the drs and nurses and they can see what a blessing our babies are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will and I'm sure they will forever be changed. I still keep in contact with my nurse from Rachel's birth and she told me that they had never had an OR hold so much beauty and peace... I KNOW that is going to be what Evan brings on his birthday too. ♥

    ReplyDelete