"Some loves last a Moment. Some loves last a Lifetime. Sometimes a Moment is a Lifetime." ~ Author Unknown


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This morning two beautiful baby boys were born to an amazing woman, my new friend. One went to be with Jesus after having spent a short time alive in his parent's arms. I had the honor of learning about this little ones life personally from his mommy. I am grateful that I met their mom and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to learn of and celebrate these boy's lives today.

We have one week until we meet our sweet boy. One week and it seems that all of a sudden my ability to maintain some control over my emotions is wearing very thin.

My husband and I attended my final doctor appointment on Tuesday. We had our final ultrasound and made plans for our admission next week. Evan appears to be doing very well. He has returned to a position ready for delivery, which is good because my amniotic fluid is now on the high side. My husband and I will be going to the hospital on Tuesday evening and are expecting to deliver Evan on the 31st.

On a scale of 1-10 I feel like my emotions (the wide variety of them) are all at a 10 (incredibly strong) and I can't imagine the intensity increasing but fear that within the coming days this might be just what I experience. This in and of itself feels scary.

My husband and I are real. We have been together since we were 17 (he was 16 and he loves reminding me of that because he takes full advantage of being 6 months younger than me). We had a short lived separation during college, which made us stronger. We have argued, disagreed, made up, and agreed. We have grown up so much together and on our own over the years. We have embraced and thoroughly appreciated extreme highs in life and have survived extreme lows. We have lived, laughed and loved like there is no tomorrow.

Next week we will meet our beautiful boy. We will continue to celebrate his life and prepare to grieve the loss of our precious boy while also continuing to pray for a miracle. We will prepare ourselves for having to share the most difficult, complicated news with our daughter and pray that she feels peace, love and comfort through God's love and the love of her family. We will survive and we will do this for one another, for our daughter, our family and for our beautiful boy.

This is what I know to be true for now.  

2 comments:

  1. As you hope your baby girl feels peace, love and comfort through God's love and the love of her family, I hope the same for my baby girl. Hold on sweetheart, just hold on and continue to pray for God's help. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Lord is near to those who are broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
    Ryan, Max and I love you, Rory, Iley and Evan so very much. Please know you all are not alone. I love you so much Tessa.

    ReplyDelete