Friday, September 2, 2011 my husband and I returned home from the hospital. Our family planned a small party to celebrate Evan's life Friday evening. We were joined by precious friends and family. My sister, Kristy, created the most beautiful video for us to cherish for the rest of our lives. She had the help of my aunt Sheila who took the most beautiful pictures and my sister Abbey's creativity. We were able to share this video with our guests Friday evening. I can't speak for everyone but I am certain it is the most precious and beautiful video I have ever seen!
My husband, daughter and I were surrounded by so much love and support all weekend as we continued to celebrate Evan's precious life with our family. Each and every day has been filled with so much love as my husband, daughter and I, as well as my family, continue to share our thoughts and feelings about our beautiful Evan. I have enjoyed looking at Evan's pictures multiple times each day, watching the video of his life that brings me so much peace and joy, drying flowers, getting creative with projects honoring my sweet boy, shopping for scrap booking items, starting a beautiful scrapbook, planning and preparing for the events/activities that we will be enjoying in the near future as we continue to celebrate Evan's beautiful life, and on and on and on.
While I keep myself very busy with these things, the thing that has helped me the most over the past several days is the time I have taken to talk to my sweet boy, pray for him and praise God for the blessings he has given me including, but not limited to, my husband, my family and my incredibly precious children . . . my beautiful son and daughter.
The Chord
We are connected,
My child and I, by
An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.
It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on Earth.
This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.
I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.
The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe.
It can't be destroyed
It can't be denied.
It's stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.
And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.
It pulls at my heart
I am bruised...I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.
I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take it away!
My child and I, by
An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.
It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on Earth.
This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.
I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.
The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe.
It can't be destroyed
It can't be denied.
It's stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.
And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.
It pulls at my heart
I am bruised...I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.
I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take it away!
Author Unknown
How this lil Saint, Evan Matthew, has touched my life is an absolute blessing. I am forever thankful to God for him.
ReplyDeleteAND Thank YOU Tessa, for through you, your son has touched many!
I love you
I've posted that poem before too - so true! It sounds like you and your family had a very sweet time in the days following Evan's birth. I'm very happy for you for that. Will you be posting any pictures of him? I would love to see him! ♥
ReplyDelete